Effective Supervisory Skills (Kota Kinabalu)
This workshop is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are lead hands or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority.
Good supervision simply means achieving company goals and become profitable. As role models of good practice, professionals, managers, supervisors and team leaders must possess and exhibit excellent supervisory skills. Unfortunately, the jump from being led to leading can be a daunting one.
Eventually, you will be the mediator between the people that you lead and the people that you report to. In the past decades, we have seen many changes in leadership requirements of a supervisor. Supervisors at this age are required to learn new set of skills such as the ability to coach, mentor, communicate, empathize, motivate and the list goes on.
This workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you will encounter as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager, or a unit coordinator. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement. This two-day workshop will give you just that opportunity.
Specific objectives of this workshop include:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities of the new job.
- Adjust to the new role with confidence and an assurance you can handle the position.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood.
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
For more information, please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org / (60) 3 9102 1021Date(s) - 01/08/2017 - 02/08/2017